An attempted break-in was thwarted at a home in Dollard des Ormeaux at around 6 p.m., Nov. 26. Montreal police constable Chantal Castonguay, from Station 4, said the house on Queen Ave. was occupied at the time. The occupant heard the suspect break the patio-door window with a rock. The suspect fled when he realized someone was home. The suspect was wearing a black coat, looked to be a teenager and was slight in build, measuring around 5 ft. 5 inches tall and weighing around 140 lbs. Castonguay said neighbors “are the best alarm system” and should keep an eye out for suspicous activity in their neighborhood.
- The West Island needs to protect its trees
- Ice from Lake St. Louis runs ashore
- Work on water pipes may cause slight drop of water pressure in Beaconsfield
- Ste-Anne mayor says poachers have targeted deer along Anse-a-l’Orme Road
- Senneville candidates acclaimed; Byelections not needed after council resignations