An attempted break-in was thwarted at a home in Dollard des Ormeaux at around 6 p.m., Nov. 26. Montreal police constable Chantal Castonguay, from Station 4, said the house on Queen Ave. was occupied at the time. The occupant heard the suspect break the patio-door window with a rock. The suspect fled when he realized someone was home. The suspect was wearing a black coat, looked to be a teenager and was slight in build, measuring around 5 ft. 5 inches tall and weighing around 140 lbs. Castonguay said neighbors “are the best alarm system” and should keep an eye out for suspicous activity in their neighborhood.
- Ste. Anne still has a lot of work ahead of it when planning for its northwest sector
- Man dies following overnight house fire in Kirkland
- Kirkland joins opposition to PQ’s values charter
- Homeowners can contest property valuations; Deadline to file for 2014-16 roll arrives in April
- Dorval mayor working through nasty injury