An attempted break-in was thwarted at a home in Dollard des Ormeaux at around 6 p.m., Nov. 26. Montreal police constable Chantal Castonguay, from Station 4, said the house on Queen Ave. was occupied at the time. The occupant heard the suspect break the patio-door window with a rock. The suspect fled when he realized someone was home. The suspect was wearing a black coat, looked to be a teenager and was slight in build, measuring around 5 ft. 5 inches tall and weighing around 140 lbs. Castonguay said neighbors “are the best alarm system” and should keep an eye out for suspicous activity in their neighborhood.
- Westbound Highway 40 to be closed overnight
- Video: Cops help parents improve safety as school year starts
- Baie-d’Urfé writer-director took inspiration from her own anxiety disorder
- Ash borer caught in Baie-d’Urfé detector trap; Presence of destructive insect sends town council into immediate action
- Reliance Power Equipment leaked PCBs into Lake St-Louis