Rain almost put a damper on this weekend’s Montreal Pond Hockey Festival, but organizer Sean Berry said the brisk winds Thursday have helped and the plummeting temperatures forecast for the weekend bode well for ice conditions on Lac St. Louis in Old Lachine, where the tournament will take place Saturday and Sunday. “There was six to eight inches of water on the ice (Wednesday), so we were on the verge of cancelling,” Berry said. “We’d even called some of the teams. But the wind has helped get rid of the water and we’re back on.” For tournament details, visit www.montrealpondhockey.com.
- Work on water pipes may cause slight drop of water pressure in Beaconsfield
- Ste-Anne mayor says poachers have targeted deer along Anse-a-l’Orme Road
- Senneville candidates acclaimed; Byelections not needed after council resignations
- Pointe-Claire preps to sue homeowner over building project
- The Emerald Ash Borer is making its way west