The penny has fallen from grace and is being taken out of circulation. So what do you do with the jars full of pennies you have stashed away over the years? The City of Dorval has launched a penny collection. The money will be donated to the Dorval Athletic Association’s Youth Trust Fund, which helps pay for activities for young people in need. Drop pennies off at the Dorval City Hall (60 Martin Ave.); the Sarto-Desnoyers Community Centre (1335 Lakeshore Drive); the Surrey Aquatic and Community Centre (1945 Parkfield Ave.) and the Dorval Library (1401 Lakeshore Drive).
- Bariatric surgery patients at Lachine Hospital recalled for testing
- Bill Tierney: It’s time to remember the Second World War generation
- Marla Newhook: We all have one chance at life, so don’t blow it
- Now you can calculate whether to treat or cut your ash tree
- Overpass overhaul nears end at St-Jean and Highway 20